We look forward to reviewing your grant. Please see the timeline for the grant review timeline.
Suitable Grant Making Criteria
- An agency exhibiting strong management skills and sound leadership qualities.
- A project which leverages dollars and/or people power.
- A creative project that has a positive impact on the community.
- A project that addresses a specific identified and prioritized need in the community.
- A project for which the Foundation of Caring grant plays an important role.
- A project created by FMC employees or with an enthusiastic group of employees participating.
- A project that positively impacts the Foundation of Caring’s networking exposure.
- An agency that provides a means to evaluate the project or that is able to supply our scorecard criteria.
Purposes Generally Unsuitable for Foundation Funding
- Start-up costs for new organizations, i.e. seed money.
- Capital campaigns.
- Tickets for fundraising events or advertising space in programs or other publications, unless received in recognition of awarded grants.
- Legislative lobbying or political campaigns.
- Experimental medical research.
- Religious or sectarian purposes.
- Loans or assistance to outside individuals.
- A multiple year funding commitment, although in exceptional cases, such funding will be considered.
- Entities outside our FMC geographic or service area. (i.e. Hillsborough and Pasco Counties)
- Individual schools, except special needs schools.
- Sports, special events, individual teams, or golf events.
- Requests for less than $1,000.
- The funding of projects for more than 3 years.
- Multiple grant awards in same calendar year.
- Organizations that provide benefits to FMC Foundation of Caring officers or employees in exchange for grant funding.